The Go-Go's - Beauty and the Beat (1981)

MEMORY
I remember exactly where I was when I heard this. I used to work in an machine shop, and one of my earlier tasks was, parts washer. It was less noisy in that area, and I used to listen to WMSE because it was a new Milwaukee Radio Station that feature songs that were not found on mainstream radio. During the afternoon they would have a New Wave or Alternative countdown, I cannot remember the name exactly, anyhow, I do recall this was on the list, and this was in the midst of when I started to seek out female fronted bands. I remember hearing this and getting a copy immediately. It may have been the very first REAL cassette that I purchased. Back in the day, I would always get vinyl, and record songs I liked or song off the radio to listen to in my car, and at work. Well the song they played on WMSE, was not a hit single, not even a B-Side. I remember the quiet eerie guitar intro with soft vocals and tom-tom drum, that built into the chorus filled with layered harmonies. FANTASTIC!

LUST TO LOVE

Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogroll

Popular posts

Labels

Blog Archive

Recent Posts