Supertramp - Breakfast in America (1979)

MEMORY
Every once in a while an album comes out that you listen from front to back and repeat. This was one of those albums. I have always like Supertramp. Crime of the Century and Even In the Quietest Moments, among those albums I knew every song. I don't recall what happened with the Crisis release. I might have to go back and give that a listen. Back to this increible Hall Of Fame record. There are so many memories on here, I could go through everything song and pick apart the pieces that are the most memorable. I won't... It seems that whether it's a unique sound or random instrument, Supertramp purposely places those to embed them in your subconscious.

  •  That "digital sound" that from the Mattel Football Game in "The Logical Song". 
  •  The whistling in "Goodbye Stranger" The Jewish Clarinet solo in "Breakfast In America" 
  • The opening piano chord in "Take The Long Way Home" 
  • When we DON'T, Give a damn, and FIGHT, when we can in "Another Nervous Wreck"
  •  The multi Keyboard intro to "Child Of Vision" 
 To me this album told a story, a concept album without a concept. The album cover itself is iconic. Libby the waitress depicting the Statue Of Liberty. I will feature my favorite track from this album.

CHILD OF VISION


Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogroll

Popular posts

Labels

Blog Archive

Recent Posts