American Gigolo Soundtrack (1980)


MEMORY
I cannot recall where I was, I think it was during a dusk till dawn Mental Al session at the drive in, I remember seeing the trailer for American Gigolo. Wha? Wait a sec...I think I know that melody, it's a weird version of Call Me from Blondie, and no vocals. First introduction to "Instrumental Version". I remember borrowing this album from the library. It took a little convincing, I was still living at home and Pops didn't know "what your mom would think coming home with music from a movie about a man that gets paid to have sex with different women". needle scratch - jaw drop. Huh? That's a thing? - O my sheltered life. I got the okay, Pops hardly ever said no... I put it on and this was different from Soundtracks like 1941, or Superman,  or Star Wars...  kinda like Saturday Day Night Fever with a disco, A keyboard instrumental of Call Me but called Night Drive..whatever I dug it... The one thing I do remember was on a similar track, Those Haunting Church Bells over what sounded like a Suite Madam Blue melody...very cool.





NIGHT DRIVE REPRISE
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogroll

Popular posts

Labels

Blog Archive

Recent Posts