Styx - Cornerstone (1979)

MEMORY
This was a album that was played front to back. I started to follow Styx back in 1976 with their Equinox album. I have seen them 4 times in support of "Grand Illusion", "Pieces Of Eight", "Cornerstone" and "Paradise Theater". This was the first album to feature what I consider a love ballad, actually it had two of them. I really didn't care for "Babe", I prefer "First Time", which was not a single. To me the best track on this release was not a single either. Don't get me wrong, every song on this album is 100 times better than any song by Bauhaus or Joy Division. The fondest memory of this was listening to this in the middle bedroom where my brother had a Radio Shack Color Organ Light Box. It had several different colored lights and it was a sound activated .

I loved that thing.

At the time it was High Tech, well .. to me any how. So what better song to listen than this one.

LIGHTS


Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogroll

Popular posts

Labels

Blog Archive

Recent Posts