Foreigner - 4 (1981)

MEMORY

Every once and a while, there is an album that you listened to from the first track to the last track.
To me Foreigner 4 is one of those albums. Ever since Foreigner's debut in 1977, there were always one of my favorites, It had guitars and catchy choruses, melodic rhythms and distinct vocals. Iconic.
Full of grit, storytelling and looking for romance, to me a music staple. If albums had a hall of fame, this one would be in there. 

A great storytelling song, which is Foreigner's MO. The best part of this song for me is right before the chorus, when Lou is singing 
I gotta stand up, I gotta face it
Don't want to lose it
I want to taste it while it's hot
Don't want to waste it, I need it so bad
The music behind that, along with the vocal timing..love it!






I'm Going To Win

A song about a problematic relationship that the guy is trying to patch up, and his pleads to reconcile. My favorite part is, after the second chorus, the eerie piano that opens the song starts again accompanied by a sustained guitar note, and when Lou speaks, And I ask myself...and sings, What's wrong with me? How could I be so blind? - 







BREAK IT UP

An anthem about hitting the streets and looking for the ladies. My favorite part is right after the second chorus, it's the whistle intro before the guitar solo... This one of a kind subtle intricacy is what makes a song memorable.





NIGHT LIFE





Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogroll

Popular posts

Labels

Blog Archive

Recent Posts